Tuesday, May 10, 2005

So we have a lady there who during the day is perfect... no problems, very cooperative.
At 6pm every night, we put her in bed.
She wails
She screams
And apparently its because as a child she was abused.
I don’t know what to do... I can’t handle it. She’s crying and i'm just standing there and I freeze up and start stuttering and the other carers are so... ok with it.
Fair enough they've dealt with it... but unless its happened to them its a tad different for me, yes?
The thing was, tonight has possibly been the best shift I’ve ever done. Until I went in there to check on her. And I think my head just turned to shyte cos I couldn’t think anymore. When we were doing handover (filling out documents about residents) and I couldn’t remember anything about anything. I couldn’t stop thinking "shit...that’s what i’m going to be like when I get 80" and its scary.

On a brighter note mrs s* gave me chocolate! And we have a policy that states we can't accept stuff from them, but the two carers who were looking after me said it was ok, as long as I said I’d shared it, which they said was unnecessary since they didn’t eat chocolate
I’m going to put them somewhere special just because mrs s* is from the west wing (my favoured wing where w*) and I miss it, and I cant wait to get back there away from....
Anyway I cried when I got off the shift since it’s been shitty but I feel ok now,
DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO DO A VOLUNTEERING COURSE TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
That’s so whack. I was so hyped to go and save a whale and I fucking have to study for it?

3 Comments:

At 6:52 pm, Blogger bodie said...

chin up, Lotte-girl! you're doing great.

 
At 9:06 pm, Anonymous Postie said...

I do muchly concur with the seemingly intelligent creature named Bodie.

 
At 9:08 pm, Blogger miss moonshine said...

lol bodies brilliant! you are too m'dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home